About the Role
Uber revolutionized urban transportation, but we have no intention to stop there. The New Mobility (“NeMo”) organization is responsible for identifying, testing, and scaling Uber’s next generation of business lines, including electric bikes, electric scooters, public transit, and far beyond.
As the NeMo Security Programs Manager you will partner will all aspects of the NeMo business to create a world-class security and safety program. You will identify and track emerging requirements, develop processes and policies that increase resilience, and drive a culture where safety and security are at the heart of Uber’s business.
This role reports to ‘NeMo Head of Security’ and collaborates with cross-functional leaders across geographies and functions. You’ll play an instrumental role in helping Uber scale new mobility solutions globally and build a dedicated Security team for NeMo. This role requires a Security professional with strong program management skills, ability to set strategy, and find solutions to support a fast growing business.
What You’ll Do
- Identify emerging security requirements stemming from NeMo’s business lines
- Develop strategies, policies and procedures to assist pre- and post- NeMo launches, including supply chain and logistics security, asset protection and retrieval, employee safety, law enforcement reporting and compliance
- Coordinate cross-functionally with multiple teams (including NeMo leadership, Ops, Product, Policy, Comms, Legal and Risk) on behalf of Global Security and NeMo Head of Security
- Help devise and execute the program’s strategy, roadmap and key projects
- Educate City teams on incident reporting and JUMP security/safety trends
- Oversee complex projects and workflows to improve security efficiency
- Execute a data-driven approach to track trends and inform decision making
- Forecast future resourcing needs, budgetary requirements and headcount
What You’ll Need
- 8+ years leading programs and major projects for Corporate Security teams
- Experience in planning, setting metrics, and roadmap development
- Ability to tell clear, compelling stories out of complex issues and analysis
- Entrepreneurial mindset. Proven to be self-motivated, self-directed, and eager to take ownership of ambiguous tasks. Enjoys building from the ground up
- Ability to design processes without pre-existing templates / playbooks
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective liaison. Able to build strong relationships with their team, cross-functional colleagues, and external partners
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Able to communicate and listen effectively; great written, verbal and presentation skills
- A passion for JUMP, bikeshare and new mobility solutions
- Travel as needed
About the Team
The NeMo security team has direct impact to the safety and security of employees, loss prevention for our assets and contributing to the unit economics for the business of Jump.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
At Uber we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.