The Role and your Impact at TIER
- Establish and drive TIER’s social and environmental sustainability strategy, in alignment with the UN SDGs
- Build sustainability action plans and milestones that encompass ambitious environmental sustainability, social sustainability, and sustainability thought leadership objectives
- Lead a cross-functional team to deliver on the sustainability strategy and agenda that you spearhead
- Be a champion of sustainability within the organisation, promoting commitment to sustainability at all levels and in all departments
- Further deepen the cultural commitment to sustainability within TIER, at all levels
- Work with departments and market teams to build sustainability initiatives into their work streams, embedding sustainability across the organisation.
- Lead TIER’s thought leadership on topics related to sustainable business, sustainable mobility, decarbonisation of transport, and other relevant focus areas.
- Professionalise TIER’s monitoring and reporting of sustainability achievements and progress towards specified milestones and targets.
- Represent TIER in the public domain on topics related to sustainability
You’ll Fit Great With These Skills And Qualifications
- Deep knowledge about social and environmental sustainability, ideally with a Masters degree or equivalent level of studies relevant to this field of expertise
- Minimum 5 years sustainability leadership and strategy experience required and at least 3 years of environmental sustainability execution-focused responsibilities, with professional experience at world-renowned organisations committed to a sustainable future including the United Nations, OECD, BCorp, Patagonia, or similar.
- Strong affinity for leadership and sustainability strategy, and how sustainability embeds into a broader set of corporate, operational, and commercial objectives
- Experience with certifications, management standards, and sustainability reporting
- Know-how about the UN Sustainable Development goals and how to measure and track them, and incorporate them into building a sustainability culture and strategy
- Affinity for research and thought leadership
- Strong networking and stakeholder engagement skills to present TIER externally with official stakeholders as well as in front of customers
- Ability to prioritize within a multi-tasking environment
- Creative, dynamic and comfortable working in fast paced environments
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills.
- Fluent written and spoken German, French, or another European language skills are a plus
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and senior-management level of strategic thinking
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills, with experience in public speaking
Get an Impression of the Team
Our team has a wide range of experience from NGOs and the public sector to start-ups and Fortune 500 companies. But we all have one thing in common: We are a group of highly committed, mission-driven professionals that care about the cities and world we operate in. We are the relationship makers and bridge builders between TIER, governments and civil society organizations helping the whole company live our mission to Change Mobility for Good. We strive for excellence in all that we do, from winning tenders, to helping governments develop smart and innovation-enabling regulation, to ambitious sustainability initiatives. Our spirit of cooperation ensures we are a team that supports and motivates each other, every step of the way.
This may inspire you
TIER’s ambition is to be the most sustainable mobility company. Sustainability runs in TIER’s veins, from leadership who are impact entrepreneurs committed to social equity and fighting the climate crisis, to team members in our cities across Europe caring about the impact they and their work have on the environment. The Head of Sustainability will be at the forefront of driving TIER to be the gold standard in sustainable business practices and thought leadership in sustainability, in the mobility industry.