What We’re Building at Spare 🏗️
Spare is on a mission to accelerate the shift towards efficient and autonomous mobility by enabling anyone to plan, launch, scale, and analyze a smart transport network in seconds. We’re cultivating a net-positive impact in cities by deploying the technology for the next generation of public transport: on-demand Microtransit. Whether that’s with the largest on demand transport service integrated into a multi-modal network in North America, being the first last-mile/first-mile on-demand service in Japan, or the first on-demand service above the Arctic Circle in Norway, our platform is powering shared modes of transport globally.
How you will make an impact as a Senior Full-stack Engineer at Spare 👊
You will be helping build out a platform that truly makes an impact on the lives of people around the globe, with a team that believes in accessibility and autonomy (with our cars and with our people). As a Senior Engineer, you will be bringing strong engineering processes and standards to a scrappy, high-performing team.
– Design, code, test, document, and release new features using a combination of tools and languages, including Node.JS, TypeScript, Docker, Kubernetes, and SQL databases
– Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across Spare’s engineering teams
– Expand our product offering to include key features our customers really want
– Be a technical leader on the team by demonstrating an unrelenting focus on quality, speed, and overall excellence
– Iterate and improve upon current engineering processes, to create efficiencies and ensure a 99.99% uptime
– Look at the bigger picture and influence the longer-term strategic design of our features
– Innovate with us!
Why you’re perfect for this role 👌
– You have strong experience in multiple coding languages and consider yourself an expert in your languages of choice
– You have experience in Node.JS, TypeScript, Docker, Kubernetes, and SQL databases
– You have a Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
– You have a passion for maintaining the integrity of the software architectural design and have a natural ability to identify scalable solutions to technical problems
– You strive for both beauty and functionality in products that you design
– You have experience working in large, highly-structured organizations, as well as scrappy start-ups, which has given you the ability to bring strong processes and efficiencies to different organizations
– You consider yourself a leader and a mentor because you take initiative and are proud if the work that you do.
What’s it like to work at Spare 🤔
We strive to build a diverse company full of inclusive, fun, hard-working people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. We look for the kind of people who are dedicated to going above and beyond and will build up the team as a whole by helping each team member achieve their own individual goals.
Spare is for the creative, the personal, the passionate, the uncompromising, and those who want to truly understand the impact transport has on daily life. We’re still at the beginning of our story, and every team member has a key role in where we are headed. You will be able to shape the direction of Spare, to influence your own career progression, and generate sustainable impact regionally and internationally by making headway on the cause for shared mobility.
What we offer
🏠Work from home when you need to or work remotely 100% of the time
🏔Downtown Vancouver Offices
⚕Health Benefits Plan (including counseling)
🏋️♀️ Gym Access
☕Commercial-Grade Espresso Machine
🍌Healthy Office Snacks (including dairy-free milk alternatives)
🎉Monthly socials and other organized events
🥪Employee-lead Lunch & learns
👥Monthly 1:1s and Performance Reviews to keep you on track
🌎A team that’s changing the world!
Spare Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
Spare HQ is located in Vancouver, Canada and preference will be for candidates in the PST/CST/EST timezone range in order to maintain seamless communication with the rest of the engineering team. This position can be 100% remote or Vancouver-based.